Eco-friendly Mammoth Hotels
The Westin Monache Resort, an eco-friendly Mammoth Hotel, has instituted exciting green initiatives and sustainability practices that go beyond "Green" while also promoting environmental responsibility. Take a glimpse at some of the green hotel programs currently in place or learn how you can make an eco friendly Mammoth hotels green choice while staying with us.
- Breath Program: Smoke Free Resort; keeping the clean mountain air fresh and clean for our guests to enjoy.
- In Suite Program: Our guests can opt not to have their bedding and towels refreshed if they feel it is unnecessary.
- Westin Heavenly Showers: Every suite is equipped with a water saving shower head that both saves water and is still very refreshing to our guests.
- Hotel Wide Recycling Program: We recycle all of the following...paper, plastic, glass, soda cans, cardboard, fryer oil and scrap metal.
- Landscaping: We use all local floral and fauna that does not need additional watering to thrive in the Eastern Sierra.
- In Town Transportation: Provide shuttle transportation to all of our guests to cut down on vehicle emissions.
- Green Meeting Planner Kits: All meeting planner kit materials are placed on reusable compact discs to cut down on paper products or emailed to clients directly to avoid postage.
- Whitebark Restaurant: Several fruits and vegetables are purchased by local organic farmers. Several fish and poultry products are purchased from sustainable farms.
- Biodynamic and Organic Wines: Several options are available on our wine list.
- Recycled Sales Collateral: Purchase recycled sales products such as plastic recycled Ice Scrapers for our winter guests.
- Support Local Environmentally Friendly Programs: Mammoth Cares, World Minded Clothing, Bear-With-Us Organization, Mammoth Rotary and Trail of the Trout
- Energy Saving Lighting: Motion sensitive lighting in staff offices, staff bathrooms and in guest common area lobby bathrooms.